The knives of the Chroma TYPE 301 – Designed by F.A. Porsche – are impressive not only for their unique, ergonomic design, but also for their extreme sharpness. The pearl at the lower end of the handle functions as tactile stopping point. Aesthetics serve a purpose.
These knives are of the highest quality craftsmanship, with a handle of premium stainless steel and a blade fashioned from select Japanese Pure 301 steel. The series consists of 18 knives plus a comprehensive list of accessories, including carving forks, sharpening stones, knife bags and various different wooden knife blocks.
This line of knives can be seen in the popular U.S. hit television show Hannibal.
The advantages Type 301 are:
- An ergonomic handle – designed by F.A. Porsche working with the chef of the decade, Jörg Wörther
- A metal “pearl” that clearly demarcates the end of the handle, for better control when cutting
- A seamless perfection and hygienic transition from blade to handle
- A special grinding method is used, so the knife stays sharp longer and is easier to sharpen
- That it is beloved by famous gourmet chefs
- The out of the box sharpness is one of the best in the industry
Note the following instructions to insure the knife remains in optimal condition for years to come:
- Never place the knife in the dishwasher. Hand wash and dry after every use.
- Regularly sharpen the knife using the original Type 301 whetstone. Under no circumstances should a sharpening steel be used, as it will damage the blade.
- Store the knife in a safe, secure manner, for example, in a knife block so the blade is not left exposed.
- Only use wooden or plastic cutting boards, never marble or glass when cutting with a Type 301.
- Only use the knife to prepare food. Do not use it to cut frozen foods, bones, or as a utility knife.